The Regulatory Unit addresses ongoing issues with nuisance-related properties and licensing concerns. The Regulatory Officers work with other city departments and the community at large to address these concerns. They are responsible for inspections of taxi and wrecker companies, quality of life issues, and rental conveyances of golf carts and mopeds.
The Regulatory Unit Officers work pro-actively with restaurant and bar owners to ensure that they understand all state laws and city ordinances related to alcohol and other applicable laws and ordinances related to their businesses.
Please contact the appropriate number below if you have any questions regarding any of these areas:
- Nuisance issues – (843) 918-1810
- Precious Metal Permits – (843) 918-1810
- Precious Metal Permit Application
- Rental conveyance for golf carts and mopeds – (843) 918-1806
- Taxi Companies – (843) 918-1806
- Taxi and Chauffeur’s Permit Application
- Wrecker companies – (843) 918-1806
- Safety plans for drinking establishments – (843) 918-1810