SC Certified Police Officers
In-state certified officers can take advantage of the pre-certified hiring process and apply for a transfer to the Myrtle Beach Police Department as a Police Officer. To be eligible you must:
- Be a graduate of the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
- Possess a current and valid SCCJA Class I certification: Class I Police Officer, Patrol Deputy, Trooper
SC Certified Officers: Please contact Cpl. Tom Vest at 843 918-1808 to discuss this process.
SC Certified Officers must successfully pass all phases of our hiring process to include:
- Nelson Denny Test
- Physical Agility Test
- Background Investigation
- Interview with Command Staff
- Medical and Psychological exam
- Candidates must complete an expedited Pre-Service Training and a shortened Field Training Program (FTO) before being released to full-duty
Applications for all positions should be submitted online at CITY OF MYRTLE BEACH JOB OPPORTUNITIES
If you are unable to complete an online application, please print, sign and return all documents by U.S. Mail to the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 2468, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578, or deliver documents in person to the Human Resources Department, 921-A Oak Street. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Whether submitting your application online or through the mail, the following documents must be included to be eligible for consideration for ANY Police Department position:
Interested candidates must submit a complete application to include the following application forms and documents:
- Standard Application: Job Opportunities
- Complete Credit History from one of the three major credit bureaus www.annualcreditreport.com: Equifax, Experian, Transunion. (Defaulting on a student loan precludes hiring – SC Code 59-111-50.) We will not accept a credit score in lieu of a full credit report or a credit report from any other company.
Note: Acrobat Reader, which is a free download, is required for PDF files.