Need To Know
Myrtle Beach is committed to a safe, friendly environment for our visitors and residents. Everyone is welcome, but everyone is expected to obey the law and behave responsibly.
- Ocean Boulevard from 29th Avenue North to the intersection of South Ocean Boulevard and Kings Highway will be closed northbound to Emergency Vehicle Traffic only starting at 6:00 AM on Friday, May 25, 2018 until Monday, May 28, 2018 at 6:00 AM. Southbound lanes will be open.
- Access to Ocean Boulevard begins on Kings Highway at 29th Avenue North, with no access North of that point.
- Exits from Ocean Boulevard may be allowed at those cross streets with traffic signals on Kings Highway, except 16th Ave N, 8th Ave N, 6th Ave S, and 17th Ave S. These noted Avenues are designated as emergency lanes for Police, Fire, and EMS personnel only.
- Pedestrians will be separated from vehicles along five miles of Ocean Boulevard, from 29th Avenue North to South Kings Highway.
- South Carolina requires helmets and eye protection for all motorcycle operators and passengers who are under the age 21.
- Illegal activities, including excessive noise, speeding, littering, impromptu parties, unlicensed retail sales, and other criminal behavior will result in tickets or arrests.
- Alcohol consumption is illegal in parking areas and on public right-of-way. Violations are misdemeanors and subject to fines of up to $500 and/or 30 days in jail, per occurrence, upon conviction.
- The noise ordinance prohibits excessive noise, including noise created by loud music, revving engines, and spinning tires. Violations are misdemeanors and subject to fines of up to $500 and/or 30 days in jail, per occurrence, upon conviction.
- No more than 2 motorcycles may park in a single public space. For spaces controlled by pay-stations, rather than parking meters, both motorcycles must display parking receipts. Paid parking is enforced from 09:00 AM – 12:00 AM, 7 days a week.
- A 23-mile extended traffic pattern will be in effect from 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM, Friday May 24 – Sunday May 26.
For More Information, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter or email us at MDW@cityofmyrtlebeach.com.