All Police Department Positions
Applications for all positions should be submitted online at CITY OF MYRTLE BEACH JOB OPPORTUNITIES
If you are unable to complete an online application, please contact Stephanie Sebring in the Human Resources Department at 843-918-1121 or email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the Police Officer position can be directed to Recruiting Officer, Master Corporal Gibson at 843 918-1808 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Question regarding the application should be direct to Stephanie Sebring in the Human Resources Department at 843-918-1121 or email@example.com.
Note: Acrobat Reader, which is a free download, is required for PDF files.
The following documents must be submitted to be eligible for consideration for a Police Department position:
- City Application
- Supplemental Application
- Legible copy of Birth Certificate
- Transcripts from High School or a legible copy of High School Diploma, G.E.D. certificate, or proof that it has been requested.
- Certified Driver’s History for the past 10 years in all states where applicant has been licensed. (If record is not immediately available, attach proof of application for same, such as a copy of the completed form or written letter of request to the State’s DMV)
- Complete Credit History is required from one of the three major credit bureaus listed below. We will not accept a credit score in lieu of a full credit report or a credit report from any other company except those listed below. Credit reports are available at no charge from www.annualcreditreport.com.
- NOTE: Defaulting on a student loan precludes hiring – SC Code 59-111-50.
- Importance of Honesty Letter.
- Authorization to Release Information.
- DD Form 214, copy 4 (If prior military)
- Personal History Questionnaire.
- Physical Agility Test & Score Sheet (Police Officer, Detention Officer and Community Service Officer only). The physical agility course will be conducted immediately following the National Police Officer Selection Test (Police), National Corrections Officer Selections Test (Detention) or Nelson Denny Test (Community Service Officer). Please be dressed in running/jogging attire. Shorts are permitted, but not recommended. The physical agility course must be completed within 2:06 minutes or less (Police only). Not meeting the time limit (Police only) or not completing the physical agility course (Detention and Community Service Officer) will result in disqualification.