The City of Myrtle Beach is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to Police Officer positions, the Myrtle Beach Police Department continues to seek applications for other areas within the department including Communications Officers (Dispatchers), Detention Officers, Records Clerks, and Community Service Officers. Additional information on these positions can be found on the associated tab to the left.
For current Police Department job postings, details and application instructions, click below:
- Why Myrtle Beach
- The City of Myrtle Beach is located at the heart of the Grand Strand, a 60 mile stretch of natural beauty on South Carolina’s north-eastern coast. Our 30,000 permanent residents and millions of visitors enjoy the wide sandy beaches, warm weather, as well as variety of entertainment ranging from golfing at championship courses, shopping, dining, live theatre, and nightlife.
- The Myrtle Beach Police Department, a progressive and community-orientated team of law enforcement professionals, is seeking to fill immediate openings. If you are a quality individual looking for long-term employment in a rewarding field, please apply today.
INCENTIVES & BENEFITS
- Annual Merit or Pay-Step increase
- Health & Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Field Training Officer Incentive
- Paid Sick Leave
- PORS/SORS Retirement
- Free Gym Membership
- Holiday Bonus
- Recruiting Incentive
- Care Here Clinic
RECRUITING OFFICER MASTER CORPORAL GIBSON
Master Corporal Bishop Gibson is assigned to the Administrative Division in the Myrtle Beach Police Department and is responsible for coordinating the recruitment efforts for the department. He works with various team members throughout the department to attend job fairs, college events, and other related recruiting opportunities throughout the area. Master Corporal Gibson works with individuals interested in law enforcement careers to provide information about the application process as well as about the Myrtle Beach Police Department.
If you would like more information about working for the Myrtle Beach Police Department, you can reach Master Corporal Gibson at (843) 918-1808 or e-mail.