Need To Know
Myrtle Beach is committed to a safe, friendly environment for our visitors and residents. Everyone is welcome, but everyone is expected to obey the law and behave responsibly.
- Ocean Boulevard from 29th Avenue North to the intersection of South Ocean Boulevard and Kings Highway will be closed northbound to Emergency Vehicle Traffic only starting at 12:00 AM on Friday, May 27, 2016 until Monday, May 30, 2016 at 6:00 AM. Southbound lanes will be open.
- Access to Ocean Boulevard begins on Kings Highway at 29th Avenue North, with no access North of that point.
- Exits from Ocean Boulevard may be allowed at those cross streets with traffic signals on Kings Highway, depending on traffic conditions.
- Pedestrians will be separated from vehicles along five miles of Ocean Boulevard, from 29th Avenue North to South Kings Highway.
- South Carolina requires helmets and eye protection for all motorcycle operators and passengers who are under the age 21.
- Illegal activities, including excessive noise, speeding, littering, impromptu parties, unlicensed retail sales, and other criminal behavior will result in tickets or arrests.
- Alcohol consumption is illegal in parking areas and on public right-of-way. Violations are misdemeanors and subject to fines of up to $500 and/or 30 days in jail, per occurrence, upon conviction.
- The noise ordinance prohibits excessive noise, including noise created by loud music, revving engines, and spinning tires. Violations are misdemeanors and subject to fines of up to $500 and/or 30 days in jail, per occurrence, upon conviction.
- No more than 2 motorcycles may park in a single public space. For spaces controlled by pay-stations, rather than parking meters, both motorcycles must display parking receipts. Paid parking is enforced from 09:00 AM – 12:00 AM, 7 days a week.
- A 23-mile extended traffic loop will be in effect from 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM, Friday May 25 – Sunday May 27.
For More Information, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter or email us at MDW@cityofmyrtlebeach.com.